REIWA are updating their 2011 Standard General Conditions that accompany their Offer and Acceptance Contracts. As of 13/2/18 we are advised the New 2018 Joint Form of General Conditions will be made available from their REIWA office or by license from PrintForce.
REIWA are offering courses for the Real Estate industry to update themselves on the changes; Understand how the changes to JFGC will impact the following:
- Final inspections, the rectification of defects before settlement and the ramifications of unrepaired defects.
- Representations and warranties by sellers and the ramifications of them being breached.
- Deposits, sub-divisions and the concept of Future Lots.
- Service of notices, including (now) by email.
- Early possession before settlement and who is liable to pay outgoings.
- Other amendments to the conditions, including electronic conveyancing, security interests and foreign resident withholding amounts.
- Death and its impact on contracts for the sale of land, leases and agents listing authorities.
AICWA are offering an update to industry here;
JFGC’s Info Session
An Evening With Matthew Ellis
With the anticipated amendments to the Joint Form of General Conditions, AICWA have teamed with our very special sponsor and respected lawyer Mr Matthew Ellis – Director MGB Legal.
Matthew will discuss the relevant changes and how they apply to your clients and to you.
Date: 20th February, arrive 6pm, start 6:30 finish 8:30pm (included is a 30min Q&A)
Where: Technology Park – 2 Brodie-Hall Dr, Bentley
Cost: FREE for AICWA members and staff. Please register: HERE or email us at email@example.com
Non-member cost $50 per person. Registration via the AICWA website HERE
Light refreshments available on arrival.